Whether you are renovating your home, constructing a massive commercial structure, or performing routine repairs, there are several reasons why you need to seek out a scissor lift rental. At Rent-A-Tool in Brooklyn, NY, we rent a wide variety of scissor lifts that are guaranteed to help you complete your construction or maintenance task!
Benefits of Scissor Lifts for the Workplace
Renting or purchasing a quality scissor lift can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. This can leave you asking a straightforward question: Are scissor lift rentals or purchases worth the money? Here is a list of the many benefits of renting from the pros at Rent-a-Tool NY:
- Reduce Injuries in the Workplace. Repetitive, heavy lifting in the workplace can easily lead to back, knee, and neck injuries. Imagine taking the strain off yourself or your staff by renting scissor lifts instead. It can help lessen the instances of chronic or acute injuries.
- Increase Workplace Productivity. Renting by the month, week, or even day can significantly improve your work output and productivity. For example, if you are constructing a home and need to lift heavy drywall or siding, imagine how much more quickly you can finish the job if you rent a scissor lift from the team at Rent-A-Tool.
- A True Multipurpose Piece of Equipment. From hanging a billboard on a busy street to painting the top floor of a luxury apartment complex, scissor lifts are indeed multipurpose equipment. You will be utterly amazed at how easy it will be to finish any number of tasks simply because you rented a scissor lift from Rent-A-Tool!
- Scissor Lifts Require Less Space Than Aerial Lifts. If you have a job that requires moving products or materials several feet up in the air, you might assume that an aerial lift is an obvious choice. However, a scissor lift is a superior product if you are working in warehouses or other tight spaces. Most scissor lifts are compact and can fit into tight spaces.
What Are the Different Varieties of Scissor Lifts?
A top-rated equipment rental for our customers, there are four basic types of scissor lifts. No matter what variety of scissor lift you require to finish your task, we offer competitive prices and daily, weekly, or monthly tool rental options.
Hydraulic Scissor Lift
A very popular option for many of our customers, hydraulic scissor lifts use pressurized hydraulic power to lower and raise the lift. This variety of scissor lifts is commonly used in the construction and cargo industries and warehouses because of its compact size and maneuverability.
Hydraulic scissor lifts are known for being very stable, and as a zero-emission piece of machinery, this equipment rental is rated for indoor use.
Pneumatic Scissor Lift
Consider a pneumatic scissor lift if an environmentally conscious workplace is essential to you. As the name would suggest, a pneumatic scissor lift is air powered, meaning you do not need to run the unit on any diesel or electricity. This variety of scissor lifts can be used in several environments, and because of the unit’s simple, user-friendly design, it is great for first-time operators.
Whether maneuvering through narrow spaces inside a warehouse or needing the ideal tool rental for your expansive construction site, a pneumatic scissor lift is a great choice.
Rough Terrain Scissor Lift
If you have a rough job and need a scissor lift with more power and traction, opt for a rough terrain scissor lift. Rough terrain models run on LP, diesel, or gasoline and are ideal for massive construction job sites where the smaller, electric or pneumatic models won’t cut it.
Diesel or Electric Scissor Lift
These traditional varieties of scissor lifts have multiple applications. The most significant difference between both products is how they are powered. Diesel fuel is more economical than gasoline, and these are an excellent choice for heavy-duty projects. However, be aware that because there are emissions, you cannot run a diesel scissor lift inside a warehouse or commercial property.
Electric scissor lifts are rated for indoor use but typically do not have as much power or torque as a diesel model. If you aren’t sure which is the right lift rental for you, don’t worry because the experts at Rent-A-Tool can answer any of your questions and determine which variety of scissor lifts is suitable for your project.
What Is the Difference Between a Scissor Lift and an Aerial Lift?
Although these two types of equipment are often mistaken, there are significant differences between scissors and aerial lifts. According to the governmental agency, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, OSHA, features a mobile platform that can only be moved vertically.
Conversely, an aerial lift can be lifted vertically, horizontally, and even on an axis. Additionally, if an operator is atop the platform of an aerial lift, they must be harnessed and wear the proper protection, according to OSHA. These same provisions are not mandatory for scissor lifts. However, in many cases, they are recommended, especially if the platform is at a height of several dozen feet.
After considering the benefits of obtaining a scissor lift, you now need to make a critical decision: Should I rent or purchase a scissor lift? When you do the math and consider the pros, you will quickly discover that, in most cases, a rented scissor lift is typically an economically intelligent decision.
- Consider Future Maintenance. The standard maintenance list for your typical scissor lift is extensive. In addition to being very time-consuming, maintaining even a small pneumatic scissor lift can be very expensive. Instead of wasting time cleaning and maintaining your scissor lift, allow the professionals at Rent-A-Tool NY! Our technicians meet and exceed all maintenance standards.
- Transporting Your Scissor Lift to the Job Site. Imagine you purchased a massive rough terrain scissor lift for your construction project. In addition to the significant upfront costs associated with buying the equipment, you must also pay to transport the scissor lift to your job site. When you rent a scissor lift from Rent-A-Tool NY, the cost of delivery is included in your rental quote and agreement. In addition to handling the delivery of the supplies, including a massive scissor lift, we will also pick up the tools and bring them back to our store.
- Save on Storage Space. You might require a huge 19 ft scissor lift for massive construction projects. Imagine finding a place to store these enormous pieces of equipment during the weekend or when it’s not in use. When you rent a scissor lift, you only need to worry about keeping it safe for the duration of your project. This means that when you are done with the job, one of our pros will pick up the unit and store it in our secure location.
- Are You on a Tight Deadline? Do you need to start and finish your project fast and don’t have time to shop around for the best price on a scissor lift or other tool? When you rent a scissor lift, you have several options and a knowledgeable team to help you determine the right product for the job at competitive rates.
- Rental Costs Are Tax-Deductible! In addition to avoiding the massive upfront costs and the costs associated with maintenance and upkeep, one of the most significant advantages to renting is that your rental costs are tax deductible. For example, if you run a construction company, the rental costs are considered project expenses and can be deducted from your tax returns.
You’ve decided that renting is brilliant, but you must figure out how to proceed. Here are a few steps you need to take before, during, and after obtaining a scissor lift in Brooklyn, NY:
- Determine the size and model of the scissor lift you require. First and foremost, consider what size is the best fit for your project. If you need more clarification, the team at Rent-A-Tool NY can walk you through our wide selection of scissor and aerial lifts to help you obtain the correct type of scissor lift for the job.
- Understand your timeline. Do you need a piece of rental equipment for a day, a week, or even a month? Determining your needs will help the rental company create an accurate quote.
- Read the rental agreement and understand the exact rates associated with the rental. In addition to the rental cost, check for other related fees. For example, you might be charged for the delivery and pickup.
- Wait for your scissor lift and other tools to be delivered. After you stop by Rent-A-Tool NY and sign the rental agreement, you only need to sit back and wait for the equipment rental to be delivered!
In addition to finding you the ideal scissor lift for your job, the pros and Rent-A-Tool NY can offer you a variety of rates on not only the lift but any other tools you might require.
Look to Rent-A-Tool in Brooklyn, NY, For All Your Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Needs
With over 25 years of experience serving our amazing customers in the Brooklyn, New York, area, the pros and Rent-A-Tool NY have almost every tool or equipment you seek to complete your residential, commercial, or industrial job. We will work tirelessly to ensure the process is easy and offer competitive prices on all our equipment.
We keep accurate service records on all our equipment, so when your scissor lift or tools arrive, you can rest assured the product will perform and your crew will be safe.
Ready to rent a scissor lift or learn more about which type is right for your needs and budget? Stop in today at our Brooklyn, New York, location to check out our impressive selection of electric, rough terrain, pneumatic, diesel, and hydraulic scissor lifts.
Unlike the competition, we have several models of scissor and aerial lifts available for rent today! You can rent a scissor lift or aerial lift by the day, week, or month.
Our Aerial Equipment Rental Inventory
We have a wide variety of aerial lift equipment on-hand, including:
- Glass Lift – SL408 Outdoor
- 125’/135′ Articulating Lift
- 150′ Articulating Lift
- 20′ Electric Articulating Lift
- 30′ Electric Articulating Lift
- 80′ Articulating Lift
- 45′ Articulating Lift
- 60′ Articulating Lift
Our Scissor Lift Rentals Inventory
Need an electric, hydraulic, or pneumatic scissor lift for your next project? We have several models to choose from in our secure Brooklyn, NY, warehouse, including:
- 26′ Scissor Lift
- 32′ x 46″ Scissor Lift
- 32′ x 32″ Scissor Lift with Jacks
- 40′ Scissor Lift/46″ wide
- 26′ x 68″ Scissor Lift with Level Jacks – Diesel
- 32′ x 68″ Scissor Lift with Level Jacks – Diesel
- One Man 12′ Lift 350 Lb Capacity
- One Man 20′ Lift 350 Lb Capacity
- 40′ Scissor Lift 46″ wide
- 19′ Scissor Lift
In addition to serving our amazing customers in the Brooklyn area, we also service several other local cities, from Bushwick to Bay Ridge and Bedford. We can save you hundreds or sometimes even thousands of dollars on your next project through our competitive prices and rental rates.
Reviews for Rent-A-Tool NY
“I needed to rent several tools and equipment to complete a construction project on my home in York Ave Brooklyn, NY. I contacted several rental companies, including United Rentals, but their prices were far too high. My friend wanted to sell me a scissor lift, but I only needed the piece for a few days. Rent-A-Tool’s delivery and rental rates were great, and I am happy with the company and their reps.”
“The scissor lift I had for my warehouses was too bulky, and I needed a smaller model for a short-term project. I tried to request a quote from various rental companies in the area, but the rates were too expensive. Rent-A-Tool NY came in with much lower rates than the competition, and the delivery was seamless and easy.”
“Living in New York, there is a rental company on every street corner. However, if you want to work with the best of the best, you need to contact the pros at Rent-A-Tool NY. I needed painting equipment for several weeks, and their prices were highly competitive. Stop by their store, and you will see why they are different from the rest.”
“I needed a lot of cleaning equipment and supplies for a job that was coming up in Bay Ridge. The team at Rent-A-Tool NY made the process easy, and the quote was very fair. They dropped off all the equipment; I could tell it was well cared for. Thanks, Rent-A-Tool NY, for all your help.”
“I desperately needed a rough terrain scissor lift to complete a massive construction project, but I only needed this particular model for a few days. I knew renting the lift was a better choice, so I called several companies in the Brooklyn area for quotes, including United Rentals and Rent-A-Tool. The rates at Rent-A-Tool were much lower, and they delivered the scissor lift on the same day. Check this amazing company out for all your rental needs.”